Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cpl. Joshua Boston Speaks Out on CNN

Finally, a voice and face to go with the kick-ass letter.

“Whatever happens happens. I have a right granted to me by the Second Amendment in our bill of rights and it says ‘shall not be infringed,’” Boston said Saturday on CNN. “Unconstitutional laws aren’t laws.”

This young man is proof to me that all is not lost. There is hope.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/unconstitutional-laws-arent-laws-marine-who-penned-blistering-letter-to-sen-feinstein-over-gun-control-speaks-out/


4 comments:

Paladin said...

I thought he handled himself really well.

He probably has no desire to be in the spotlight and would rather be left alone if people would just let him be. I know I would have done an eye-roll and dropped at least one F-bomb when she trotted out the "Well, what is your solution to make sure this doesn't happen again?"

He kept it short, sweet, and to the point.

hiswiserangel said...

His final comment was perhaps the best argument I've heard. Unconstitutional laws AREN'T laws.

Grog said...

A story on Drudge;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-weighs-broad-gun-control-agenda-in-wake-of-newtown-shootings/2013/01/05/d281efe0-5682-11e2-bf3e-76c0a789346f_print.html

Blue said...

"Well, what is your solution to make sure this doesn't happen again?"

I dunno, how do you plan to stop the next car accident, tornado, or hurricane?

Bad things are going to happen. That's the nature of the beast. The point is to put yourself in the best possible position to minimize any damage when these bad things do happen.

I like this kid!