Thursday, January 3, 2013

Home Remedy for Colds

Okay, we have battled the creeping crud for the second time in two months. ENOUGH! I am tired of  being the Queen of All Things Phlegm. Found this online, decided to try it out before posting it. Yeah, I sacrificed myself as y'all's lab rat. Two days, folks. Two freaking days of doing this, and I'm fit as a fiddle. The writing is kind of hard to read, so I'll transcribe for you. Try it, you won't be sorry.


Honey and Cinnamon to Cure Colds
Did you know that a teaspoon of honey (local raw is best) and a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon will usually knock out a cold within a day or two? Take twice a day for 3 days for best results. Both honey and cinnamon are antiviral, antibacterial, and anti fungal. Also knocks bladder/kidney infections, reduces sugar levels, blood pressure and acts as a pain reliever for arthritis.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

You can also put it in tea. Works great...

hiswiserangel said...

Ooo, excellent tip, Adrienne. My girls were not particularly pleased with having to swallow it just from the spoon. Don't know why I didn't think of that. I blame Nyquil.

Anonymous said...

lowers blood pressure and relieves arthritis pain? I just may be on this stuff for life! Thanks for the tip

Anonymous said...

Thanks Angel! Will have to use this now that the kids are back in school, with germs sure to follow... also heard to set out a half onion.

Devil Tongue said...

Now that must have been tough being "our lab rat" for two days eating Honey & Cinnamon??? Anyways thanks for the tip now that I mastered my flue with the "C" & "D3" vit's. I am truly glad to hear ya'll are feeling better.

Happy New Year, HWA.